Frequently Asked Questions
Should you need to know about our classes and courses it can be found here. No question too big, no worry too small. And if you still have a burning question, simply get in touch.
How are ACE staying safe during Covid-19?
To ensure safety to all our ACE participants, families and teachers we have the following guidelines in place:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your class start time
- Enter Arlington Arts and walk to the left of the box office reception, towards the auditorium -following our ACE one way system
- Children will be dancing in their shoes, so please simply remove their coat (when required) and take it with you when you leave the building
- One of our ACE team will collect your child at the auditorium door, mark them on the register and walk them in to the dance space.
- Once you child is safely in the the auditorium, please leave the building through the fire exit adjacent to the auditorium door.
- At the end of your class time, please re-enter the building through the main entrance and walk to the left of the box office reception, towards the auditorium. You child will be brought to you by one of the ACE team and you may once again leave the building by the fire exit adjacent to the auditorium door.
- We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines at all times whilst in building and ensure that your child has used the bathroom prior to their class.
- Within each class, the ACE Team will encourage social distancing between the children
- The ACE Team will plan and provide excellent, high quality dance classes which adhere to the guidelines
- The ACE Team will ensure they maintain social distancing at all times
- Between each class, the ACE Team will wipe down any surface points and prepare the space for the following class. Hand sanitiser will be available for all.
- If you, your child or any members of your household are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please do not come to Arlington Arts and follow the necessary government guidelines. If you, your child or any members of your household show any symptoms within 48 hours of the class having taken place, please contact us immediately.
What does my child need to bring with them?
All dancers need to wear loose comfortable clothing, NO JEANS or SKIRTS (unless leggings are worn underneath). Shoes are not required for dance as they dance in bare feet. Each child should bring plenty of water/fruit juice to drink, have their hair tied back and wear NO JEWELLERY.
Who are the ACE:Kids classes for?
Each of the classes are aimed at young people who have a passion for dance but wish to have more freedom of movement and creativity than they may find in a more ‘traditional’ dance class. The classes are designed to enhance children’s creativity, build confidence and encourage them to learn about different cultures through dance. The classes are separated by age but are not ‘set in stone’ – particularly able children can be moved up a group; equally a child who finds their group a challenge can be moved down where appropriate.
Within each lesson the children learn and perform a set warm up, practice structured travelling exercises from the corner and learn at least two dances which will be performed at the end of year annual show. Within these elements of the lesson, correct technique is learnt and developed from group to group.
How do I find the studios?
Arlington Arts, Mary Hare, Snelsmore Common. RG14 3BQ
Due to Covid-19, ACE Dance Studios are currently being hosted for all our classes at Arlginton Arts which can be found on the school site at Mary Hare.
What are the costs of the classes for children and youth companies?
ACE:Kids & ACE:Tots
After the FREE first class, ACE:Kids term fees are set at £55.00. If your child is joining on or after a half term break, 50% of the fee is required for the remainder of the term.
ACE:Tots fees are £35.00 per term (50% due for half a term)
Junior:ACE & Apprent:ACE
The initial audition fee for is £10, thereafter successful candidates are required to pay £65 per term
The initial audition fee for is £10, thereafter successful candidates are required to pay £80 per term
All adult classes are paid on a £10 PAYGO system
Where and when do the children and youth company classes take place?
ACE:Kids classes run every Saturday during term time and follow the same term schedule as schools within the state system. The classes are defined as follows:
09:15 – 09:45: Ace:Tots 2-4yrs (pre-schoolers)
10:00 – 10:45: S1 (4.5-7yrs)
11:00 – 11.45: S2 (8-10yrs)
12:00 – 12:45: S3 (11-13yrs)
13:00 – 13:45: S4 (14+yrs)
Junior:ACE takes place every Monday from 16:30-18:00
Apprent:ACE takes place every Thursday from 16.30 – 18:00
ACE:Company takes place every Monday 18:00-19:30 and Thursday from 18:00-20:30
Each class takes place in the auditorium at Arlington Arts, Newbury.
Who are the Adult classes for?
All The ACE classes for adults are designed for those with a desire to learn to dance. The overall focus across all genres is coordination, balance poise, fitness and well being. The classes are written for beginners in mind, so all you need is enthusiasm and a willingness to give it a go. People who wish to return to dance after some time away may also feel these are right for them.
What do I need to bring with me?
All dancers need to wear loose comfortable clothing. Depending on the class, appropriate dance shoes may be worn if preferred. Each dancer should bring plenty of water to drink.
Who are Ballet classes for?
This open class is designed for anyone (16yrs+) with a desire to learn the technique of ballet. It is predominately for those with none or a little ballet experience. All you need is enthusiasm and a willingness to give it a go. People who wish to return to dance after some time away may also feel this course is right for them.
Within each lesson the participants learn and perform a set sequence of exercises familiar to a ballet dance class, practice structured traveling exercises from the corner, Barre work and learn a phrase of movement to be developed each week by the teacher.
What do the adult classes cost?
Each class costs £10 per person, payment should be made in full via the pricing page prior to the start of each class.
To block book your classes, simply add your required amount to your basket
When purchasing an ACE:ClassCard you will buy 6 classes for the price of 5. The card can be used across all the adult PAYGO sessions and is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase
Where and when do the ballroom classes take place?
The classes currently run every Tuesday as follows:
18:45-19:45: Beginners class
The classes take place in the auditorium at Arlington Arts, Newbury.
I am a total beginner - will your adult classes be suitable for me?
ALL our ACE classes for adults are for beginners. Our teachers will ensure you are given the opportunity to try a variety of dance styles and/or well being classes in a safe, calm environment with plenty of time and teaching points given to allow you to find your stride.
Whether you have always dreamt of giving dance or Pilates a go but never found the confidence – or you returning to the dance studio after many years out whilst ‘life’ got in the way; we will get you moving again!
What type of Pilates is it?
Our Pilates class is a pilates mat class, focussing on restore and repair – is a entirely suitable to beginners who have never tried pilates and felt a little unsure of where to start. It is a slow moving class, ideal for those who are new to exercise and/or have injury or ailments.
We have all the equipment you need, so simply come along and give it a go!
What do I need to bring to Pilates?
We have all the equipment you need for our pilates classes. You may wish to bring a towel and drink – but other than that, we have everything you require including mats, blocks, elastics and pilates balls.